Beacon Series Optical Turnstiles
Our Beacon™ series optical turnstiles combine modern, optical sensing technology with classic cabinet designs in either wood or 304 brushed stainless steel. This line features large profile units to fit any situation, and can integrate with all standard access control equipment.
Using a non-restrictive method to control traffic flow, Beacon™ series units are ideally suited for office personnel entrances where entrance requires an ID card. In addition, they allow for rapid pedestrian advancement and barrier-free ADA access while preventing “tailgating” by those without credentials. Optical lanes offer a flexible range of passage widths from 22″ to 38″.
LARGE PROFILE UNITS
- Optical sensors provide for passage for up to 30 people per minute
- Powerful through-beam sensors exceed sensing distance to ensure proper functionality
- LED graphic arrays indicate direction status
- Lower section optical sensors prevent unauthorized “crawling” through lanes
- Configurable for controlled passage in one or both directions with free or no passage in the other via logic controller settings
- Alarm condition provides an audible tone, as well as a solid-state output for integration into other systems
- Passage widths are flexible from 22″ to 38″
- Corian™, or wooden top choices
- Recessed mounting of card reader (card reader provided by customer)
Standard Solid Surface Top Choices (as of 4/28/2023):
- Crushed Almond
- Lake Michigan
- Peach Freeze
- Spanish Moss
- Whole Wheat
Additional top selections, such as Corian® or wood can be quoted upon request. Top selections are subject to availability.
Wood Cabinetry Finish Options:
- White Wash
The following technical documents are available as downloadable PDF documents. If you have any issues with them or need additional information, please contact us.
Data Sheet & Installation Guide:
Anchor & Conduit Locations:
Does your equipment seem a little different than shown in the above documents? Please check out our Obsolete Resources page to review electrical and mechanical information on older versions of our equipment.
Our optical turnstile lanes operate with through-beam sensors to provide accurate monitoring of a lane’s status. Each lane requires a primary cabinet (with receivers and logic controller) and secondary cabinet (with transmitters). Hybrid cabinets (primary on one side and secondary on the other) are also available to allow for a multiple-lane array.
Each lane has two main zones comprised of a series of sensors to grant alarm-free passage or detect unauthorized access and “tailgating” in either direction of travel. In addition, crawl-detection sensors exist in the lower section of each cabinet to give additional security in facilities where excessive low-to-the-ground traffic is frequent. However, this feature can be disabled if necessary. An example where this could be the case would be a gym where members may frequently drag rolling bags through the lane.
Single-Lane Optical Array
Primary and Secondary Cabinets
Two-Lane Optical Array
Primary, Hybrid and Secondary Cabinets