Our optical turnstile lanes operate with through-beam sensors to provide an accurate monitoring of a lane’s status. Each lane has two main zones comprised of a series of sensors to grant alarm-free passage or detect unauthorized access and tailgating in either direction of travel.
In addition, crawl-detection sensors exist in the lower section of each cabinet to give additional security in facilities where excessive low-to-the-ground traffic is frequent. However, this feature can be disabled if necessary. An example where this could be the case would be a gym where members may frequently drag rolling bags through the lane.
Every turnstile we build operates with our durable 6500 Series Control Head. This flexible, easy-to-service modular control system allows for our units to be configured to meet your unique security needs.
Factory configurations include:
- Manual (free passage) in both directions
- Manual (free passage) in one direction, locked in the other direction
- Electronically controlled in one direction, manual (free passage) in the other direction
- Electronically controlled in one direction, locked in the other direction
- Electronically controlled in both directions
Electronic control heads can also be configured to be fail-lock(secure), fail-open(safe) or any combination of the two for no additional charge.
A key-override option is also available to give you the ability to unlock your turnstile with a simple key turn.
The 6500 Series Control Head is certified by Intertek to conform to the following standards: UL 294, UL 325, UL Subject 2593, CAN/ULC S319 and CSA C22.2#247.