How Many Turnstiles Do I Need?The Pros Choice
Many customers are not sure how many turnstiles they may actually need for their project. There are many considerations to take into account when approaching an access control scenario involving turnstiles.
Here are some questions to ask yourself:
1. How many exits are there in your facility (and how many more for dedicated emergency egress)?
2. How many people are in the building/property that will be going through these planned turnstiles?
3. Are there shift changes to consider? Do large number of people arrive simultaneously (as in a bus drop-off)?
4. What are the physical space constraints?
5. Are regulars to your building using an RFI badge or ID?
6. Is there a guard shack with ample staff to help visitors and those needing passage?
It is important that you know the local codes and talk with life/safety experts and your local fire inspectors. Those are the pro’s who will be the best informed about your property and the specifics of your building.
Once you have safety in hand, then it is a matter of the type of turnstile that most meets your physical and aesthetic needs. Contact Us and we can help you get a head start on thinking all of this through. A little planning can save you a lot of money, grief and make your access control project a success!